Friday, October 24, 2008

CCP Zulupark Answers Everything

CCP gets a lot of criticism for how they choose to communicate with the players, and some of it is deserved. But sometimes they do it very right, and this weekend is one of those times - CCP Zulupark created an open thread that's open until midnight Sunday, and has committed to answering everything asked by anybody. I put in a good batch of questions myself, which he has kindly answered(scroll up a bit for the answer to the first question). A few answers he deferred on, which means I'll have to wait for Xhagen, Dr.EyjoG, Wrangler, Hammer, and with my luck probably half the rest of CCP, but that's fine.

Thanks to Zulupark for volunteering to stand in front of an avalanche, and to CCP for making this happen. This is exactly the sort of developer-player interaction everybody can support.

Edit: One other note. If the RMT question seems out of line with what you'd expect me to say, it's mostly because I've never actually heard a CCP explanation for this discrepancy. I'm pretty sure I know why they hold this position, but I want to hear it from the horse's mouth(as it were).

No comments: