Friday, November 7, 2008

How to contact me

Given that voting is now open and players are now looking at this site in large numbers, it seems time to give you information on how to contact me. I have an open door policy, and I welcome comments, questions, and discussion from all players. The easiest ways are to comment right here on this blog, on my campaign thread, or send me an EveMail. I check all three at least daily, and more often if I can. I sit in the chat channel "CSM Public Chat" whenever I'm online, along with 1-10 other candidates(depending on day and time). You can email me at odssstudents1@yahoo.com.

If you want to talk to me by voice I'm also able to use Eve Voice, Teamspeak, Ventrilo, or Skype, though I don't sit online in any of them because my computer is online 24/7 while I am not. But if you want to have a voice chat with me, just let me know and I'll set it up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

if u get elected get at least one adviser from each of the races.
also make an open channel ingame and try make eve publicize it (well, all the board should have one) so we know u guyz there and know how to contact u. so far i dont know how to contact my csm rep so they not really my rep.

Alex Sloat said...

I prefer to pick my advisors by personal knowledge and ability, not by the race of their character.

As for the open channel in game, it already exists - join "CSM Public Chat". I'm in there much of the time, and there's usually others as well. It's currently mainly used as a chat channel for candidates at present, but I hope it continues past the election and serves as a conduit for players to talk to their representatives. Assuming I am elected, I'll talk to the other eight and see if we can keep it open permanently.

Anonymous said...

i have some suggestions for gameplay:
1.have a new advanced ultimate technology for ships: warphole teleporter, to get wherever you want without all that senseless gating that can make game really annoying. dont have to do away with the gateways but when you get to certain stage of advance you should be able to get a teleporter for unlimited use (based on ship energy and stuff)
2. be able to sell stuff for real world money, like in the game second life. some ppl would like to be able to play 24/7 without having to worry about outside income. or as another source of income. Lest face it anyway, one day we will be probably living inside the net like in the movie "the matrix".
3.be able to use joystick (being of optional use) to control ship and make a custom ship console to be used instead of keyboard, that can be connected to computer to control ship, to have a more realistic feeling (3d helmet would be great too).
4.have a constant social evolution to find better representation systems
5.have some sort of public player designs for sale. players submit design ideas for ships or equipment and other players could buy those and build those ships or equipment.
6.improve characters physical attributes so they can be more customized.

Alex Sloat said...

1) Capital jump drives.
2) I have a funny feeling CCP won't go for this.
3) For a game where navigation is almost irrelevant, I don't think investing in a custom console would be worthwhile.
4) If you're referring to the CSM, I'd like to think I'm trying to help it evolve and better represent players.
5) See here, here, and the various in-game market channels.
6) I'm pretty sure this will be coming with ambulation.